Safe Kids Lee/Collier Counties is working to prevent unintentional childhood injury, the leading cause of death and disability for children and teens in Southwest Florida.
Through education, advocacy, training and hands-on demonstrations, Safe Kids Lee/Collier Counties supports parents, educators, safety professionals, caregivers and the media with evidence-based data and injury prevention strategies on a variety of topics including prevention of pedestrian and bicycle injuries, burns, drowning, motor vehicle injuries and more.
In addition, Safe Kids Lee/Collier Counties provides resources and safety devices to families in need and advocates for better laws to help keep children safe, healthy and out of the emergency room.
Collaborating for Kids
Safe Kids Lee/Collier Counties brings together local health and safety experts, educators, corporations, foundations, governments and volunteers to educate and protect families in the following ways:
- Teach families about childhood injury risks and prevention
- Encourage and conduct research on leading injury risks
- Evaluate solutions for injury risks
- Work to pass and improve child safety laws and regulations
- Provide lifesaving devices such as child safety seats, helmets and smoke alarms to families who need them
- Promote corporate leadership in child safety through effective and sustainable partnerships